DOULA (DOO-LAH) IS A GREEK TERM FOR “WOMAN SERVANT”
- A doula is a trained childbirth professional who help families have the best possible childbirth experience
- Doulas work in homes, hospitals or birthing centers
- Doulas are hired by the pregnant woman, usually in the 5th -7th month of pregnancy
- Doulas assist all women in birth, regardless of medication choices and vaginal or cesarean birth
- Doulas work with all healthcare providers during labor.
- As a Doula for Birth, I have been supporting women in birth since 1996.